Earn $300-400 per session in Melbourne’s south-east – Aged Care GP
Melbourne, South East
- $150 per hour guaranteed
- Bill $1200-1800 per session
- Guaranteed minimum patient base
Looking for a way to supplement your GP income?
We have an opportunity for an Aged Care GP with an interest in chronic disease management and geriatrics for an organisation that has been running medical and aged care facilities across Australia for nearly 10 years. With various locations across Melbourne, this can be a stand-alone position to supplement your regular GP work, or can be combined with DWS or non-DWS GP positions within the organisation.
Located in popular suburbs such as Glen Waverly and Berwick, GPs living in Melbourne’s south-east can easily fit in a session on the way home.
Applicants don’t need to have any experience in aged care, as all training is provided. All that is needed is an enthusiasm to learn and make a difference in the aged care community! Current GPs doing this sessional work are averaging gross billings of $300-400 per hour.
All GPs participating in the aged care sessions will be provided with a laptop and will have administration and nursing support for each session. Patients lists for the sessions are generated prior to the GP visiting the facility, and can be added to, depending on the extra needs on the day.
About the role:
- Assigned 25 residents per session by the organisation (plus additional last minute patients)
- Average gross receipts of $300 to $400 per hour
- Initial guarantee of $150 per hour
- Laptop with 4G provided – access to patient database
- Sessions are pre-organised with the patient list generated prior to the visit
- Mentoring provided from experienced GPs, also supported by administration staff and nurses from aged care team
- Access and educational program designed by the organisation with appropriate protocols and procedures for treating the aged in the residential aged care environment
What we love about this role:
- Bill between $1200-$1800 per session (great income booster)
- Supportive team to guide you through the process
- Guaranteed patient database generated prior to each session
Type of Work
Exemptions available at this location
- 19AB/DWS exemption possible
- Suitable for GPs who do not require a 19AB exemption
FRACGP. MRCGP, MICGP or FRNZGP and eligibility for Specialist Registration with AHPRA.
This job is not suitable for doctors with AMC part 1 and 2, or for those with General Registration.
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.