Under Section 19AB of the Health Insurance Act of 1973, international medical graduates (IMGs) in Australia are required to work in a distribution priority area or DPA to be eligible for Medicare. This is why it’s a good thing there are plenty of DPA GP jobs available in great locations around the country.
Unsure about what DPA is and its relevance to you? Then see the Distribution Priority Area page.
Working as a general practitioner in a distribution priority area means you’ll be situated in areas where a greater need for GPs has been identified. There are many great outer metro locations, as well as rewarding rural GP jobs in regional and remote Australia.
GP DPA jobs are professionally, socially, and financially rewarding. They provide the following benefits:
- Exposure to various patients and cases
- Wider scope of practice experience
- Development of leadership, diagnostic and decision-making skills
- Enriching cultural and social experiences
- More peaceful, laidback lifestyle in a safe environment
- Access to rural and remote work allowances and professional support
- Opportunities to help others and make a difference in the community
However, even when there may be a lot of DPA GP jobs in Melbourne, Sydney, the Gold Coast, Perth, or elsewhere, navigating the job landscape may present some challenges. After all, there are certain qualifications you may need to meet and procedures to undergo.
With the help of Alecto Australia, the process of finding suitable DPA GP jobs in Sydney, Melbourne, the Gold Coast (or anywhere in the country) becomes simple and straightforward. All you need to do is to register and we’ll match you with the top DPA GP jobs that tick all your boxes.
Best of all, registering with Alecto is free and easy.
So, start your search right with Alecto Australia!