Have you received a CV from a GP but are not sure whether they could work in your clinic? We thought we would put together a few helpful tips about GPs and registration:
Did you know?
- Big changes at Medicare mean that standard DWS, After Hours and unrestricted GP applications are now being processed in under a week! Please note, other types of applications are taking considerably longer.
- You do not need to submit a contract for the Medicare application, however you do need a detailed letter of support. This is an essential part of the application, and it needs to follow 19AB requirements
- Not in a DWS area but requiring a GP? A 6 month locum exemption may be able to help you out! Many GPs are happy to rotate around various sites for 6 month periods and help relieve patient demand.
- To qualify for a spousal exemption, the GPs partner doesn’t have to be a doctor, certain other professions are also suitable.
- Have you received a great application from a Non VR GP (19AA GP)? If they have special personal circumstances, they may be eligible for an exemption that allows them to work during the day in a non DWS area.
Alecto offers multiple consulting services to assist with exemptions and Medicare applications. We can help with Medicare, AHPRA or RACGP problems for your GPS. Have you had a Medicare application rejected? Have a great GP who may not be able to stay working at the clinic due to 19AB? Maybe you have simply received a CV from a GP and are unsure if they can work at your clinic? We can help.
Have a confidential chat with one of our helpful consultants today on 1800 604 332