Time for a career check-up?
When was the last time you did a health check on your career?
Any time is a great time to investigate your career symptoms, make a diagnosis and decide on your course of treatment!
The following questions might begin your investigation:
- Am I enjoying my job, am I learning, growing and developing?
- Is my income sufficient?
- Do my current hours give me the right work/life balance?
- Am I feeling bored or stale?
- Do I enjoy the team I see every day?
- Do I have a great mentor?
- Is the normal professional development challenging me and keeping me fresh – or should I study further or develop a speciality?
- Do I have the right equipment to do my job?
- Does my practice support me through marketing, promotion and a good team?
If you can’t answer yes to most of the above questions then you may be in need of some career care planning!
Fortunately, as a GP you are in a strong position to treat the root cause of your symptoms – all of the hard work you have put in over many years had made you a valuable commodity in the marketplace!
So what is the right treatment?
Depending on your symptoms you are almost always left with two choices:
If you feel you need help finding a cure, get in touch today for information on how we can help you with any of the following:
- Short term change of scenery or working holiday
- New Permanent Placements
- Clinical Lead Roles or Teaching Medical Students
- Buying a Practice or feasibility studies and business planning for new clinics