The TSS visa is part of the Government’s reform agenda to strengthen the integrity and quality of Australia’s temporary and permanent employer sponsored skilled migration programs. This is, however, an important opportunity to introduce several initiatives to help streamline processing of temporary skilled work visas and reduce processing times.
Many initiatives are planned in this space which will help the TSS support business to fill skill shortages. They include:
- a new standard five-year sponsorship agreement period (including for start-ups)
- implementing auto-approval of complete streamlined lower-risk nomination applications lodged by accredited sponsors
- a new streamlined ‘renewal process’ for existing sponsors – that is, a shorter application form to fill out and possible auto-approval of such sponsorship applications
- new online forms for the new TSS visa
- a complete review of correspondence to ensure that TSS correspondence templates are easier to use and understand.
Understanding the transition from subclass 457 to TSS
Employers who are already approved standard business sponsors for subclass 457 will be able to sponsor skilled overseas workers under the TSS program. It is, however, important to understand the transitional arrangements that are expected
What do I do if applying for a visa in now?
- if a subclass 457 nomination and visa applications are both lodged prior to TSS implementation, they will be processed under the current framework.
- if a subclass 457 nomination application is lodged without an associated 457 application being lodged before the commencement of TSS, it will, however, effectively become ‘redundant’ as subclass 457 nominations cannot be linked to TSS applications, even where the nomination has already been approved. In this case it is better to wait until TSS is implemented and then lodge your applications
This information has been provided by Registered Migration Agents. Our chosen partners are Carman & Associates who are based in Australia and QuickVisas who are based in the UK.
- Australian GPs
- Clinic Owners and Practice Managers
- Salary Page
- UK/Ireland GPs
- Working with Alecto