We are often contacted by GPs who have found the perfect position. But due to the 19AB and 19AA exemption legislation, they are unable to work where they would like –sometimes there is a way to help.
Through our experience in helping lots of GPs in difficult situations, we have an in-depth knowledge of how the system works.
We know many of the rules and loopholes – if anyone can help get an exemption, we probably can.
The restrictions around 19AA and 19AB exemptions are complex. Information gained by calling Medicare or emailing the Department of Health is often misleading. Our Registration Manager Megan Lewis and Director Martina Stanley deal with these issues every day and are experts in these areas.
There are many circumstances that can be taken into consideration when applying for different exemptions.
Can you answer Yes to any of the following questions?
- Do you have a spouse who works in a skilled occupation or is a GP?
- Are you a 19AA restricted GP who doesn’t have enough experience to get onto a training program or any general practice?
- Have you considered doing 6-month locums with one organisations multiple practices?
- Are there special family circumstances that require you to work close to home?
- Are you eligible for an exemption but need help with the paperwork or an appeal?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, or think have a GP who you think has a strong basis for an exemption, please get in contact with us to see if we can help.
Contact Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 452 644 764 for specialised assistance for GPs working in General Practice today.