Have you ever entertained the idea of leaving the hustle and bustle of the BIG cities, to search for a sea/tree change?
Well, there are plenty of reasons to make the move to the stunning South West corner of Western Australia! Boasting pristine beaches, exceptional food and wines, thriving country towns and beautiful native forests, it’s no wonder people love living and working in the area.
Less than 2hrs drive south of Perth, you’ll find the thriving coastal city of Bunbury, the economic hub and gateway to greater south west region. With an estimated population of ~90,000, Bunbury is the largest centre outside of Perth, and has all the infrastructure, and services of a big city, such as good schooling and healthcare, whilst being a slower paced lifestyle than you’d experience in the big smoke.
Settling in as a new doctor in the region won’t take long. Existing patient demand is high and with strong projections on the population growth for the region, there will be an increasing demand for your services.
Aside from being warmly welcomed, you’ll have the clinical support of the South West Health Campus which incorporates both public and private hospitals. As the major medical hub for the entire south west region, it provides 24hr emergency care, an intensive care unit, general medical and surgical wards, paediatric ward, obstetric service, comprehensive geriatric service, acute psychiatric unit, theatre complex and outpatient areas. There are also many local and visiting specialist physicians and surgeons, whom provide services to the community.
When you step out of work mode, there’s plenty of opportunities right there on your doorstep which offer an appealing lifestyle. The list is endless, and the southwest region has something for everyone.
Some bucket list items to explore
- Swim with dolphins in Bunbury
- See the Orca killer whales in Bremer Bay
- Take part in migrating humpback whale watching in Augusta
- hike Granite Sky Walk and Castle Rock in the Porongorups
- Explore Mammoth Cave and Jewel Cave in Margaret River.
- Conquer Walpole’s Valley of the Giants treetop walk
- Swim some of the best beaches in the world around Cape Naturaliste at Meelup Bay, Eagle Bay, or Bunker Bay
- Capture the stunning sunsets and coastline views at Sugarloaf Rock in Cape Naturaliste.
- Set up camp and enjoy spectacular mountain biking and bushwalking country.
- Visit any of the 120 world-class wineries in the Margaret River region which boasts thirty-six grape varieties, the most popular being Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Chardonnay, and Shiraz.
- Graze your way around the region devouring the specialty gourmet produce
There are no shortage of great day trips to enjoy with the family, such as – Collie, Donnybrook or Busselton.You can go in any direction and find plenty of action! All of this is calling for you. But don’t just take our word for it, hear what your colleagues have to say