For many, the dream location to live and work usually involves sunshine, crystal blue waters, sun-baked beaches and an easy commute to work. Perth can fulfill all these factors for GPs.
Perth continues to be a popular destination for those emigrating from overseas and is also popular for those looking to relocate from interstate.
Our Perth consultant moved from the UK 13 years ago and has never looked back. Paula Dennison can give you a genuine experience of moving from a large city back in the UK to a much more relaxed city and lifestyle which has presented a great work/life balance and fantastic weather.
Paula can discuss with you all aspect of Perth living including the high demand for GPs and the varying practice choices with locations to suit all tastes whether they are coastal or closer to the CBD
Get a taste of Perth
There are so many things to see and do in Perth. Check out this video from Destination Perth to get a glimpse of beautiful Perth.
Magnificent Beaches and Sunsets
Sometimes there is nothing better for the soul than the sand and the ocean. Perth has some of the most stunning beaches in the world and is one of the few places in Australia where you can watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean.
Whether you prefer sitting back and relax with a cocktail in your hand or doing adventurous activities, Perth is your patch of paradise which has your name on it.
Easy Access to Asia and Europe
Perth is much closer to Asia and Europe compared to other Australian cities on the east coast. Here a few more reasons why Perth is an attractive hub for travel destinations:
- Direct, non-stop flights now operate between Perth and London making it the easiest departure port for trips to the UK, Asia or India
- Flights to Mumbai are 5 hours shorter than from Brisbane
- Non-stop flights to Bali take as little as 3 hours 15 minutes and cost as little as £120 – a great weekend away!
- Flights from Perth to London cost on guestimate about £200 less than from Australia’s East Coast cities and a return flight can cost as little as £535.
- Compared to other Autralian cities, Perth has the highest number of days with sunshine (265 days per year).
- In summer the average sea temperature ranges from 20.9 – 22.8°C (70 – 73°F)
- And if that all seems a bit warm, Perth is cooled on summer afternoons by a gentle breeze from the west called the Fremantle Doctor.
Why Perth for GPs?
Perth currently has a high number of locations that offer DWS exemption compared to many of the major cities as there is a high shortage of GPs and no shortage of patients.
Paula has visited all the practices, so she can discuss with you important factors you may need to consider i.e. which suburbs you could live, what schools are nearby and community facilities that are close to you i.e beaches, shopping, sports centers etc.
The Perth GP market has high % of billings on offer and good patient numbers that are growing every day!
Interested to know more? Visit http://www.alectoaustralia.com/gp-vacancies-australia/perth-western-australia/ or contact Paula Dennison on 0420 548764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Australian GPs
- Clinic Owners and Practice Managers
- Salary Page
- UK/Ireland GPs
- Working with Alecto