UK GPs generally are very satisfied with their decision to move to Australia. Over the past five years, we have helped over 200 GPs from the UK transition to Australian General Practice.
Here are some of the things they tell us they like best about being a GP in Australia.
What are the best aspects of being a GP in Australia?
- Australian General Practice is a competitive free market, which creates more opportunities for entrepreneurship and rewards go to the GPs
- Large financial incentives for GPs due to the strong emphasis on disease prevention and health management
- Continuity of care through referring to specialists, arranging for scans or pathology is so much easier according to feedback from our GPs who have previously worked in the UK
- There is no capitation at present in the Australian model. Australian GPs are not told how many patients they need to see. If you need to spend double the normal time with a complex patient, you can and you will get paid more for that visit
- Your contracted working hours include time to do paperwork
GP earnings in Australia continue to rise each year despite the Medicare freeze which you may have heard of. This shows that Medicare is just a small factor in Australian General Practice.
Even Donald Trump recently mentioned Australia has a great health care system, and who wouldn’t trust that!
Want to know more? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have a confidential chat about any of your questions.
- Australian GPs
- Clinic Owners and Practice Managers
- Salary Page
- UK/Ireland GPs
- Working with Alecto