There is a veritable truckload of reasons why UK GPs in search of jobs and a better life down under should put Perth at the top of the list. Consider some of the stats and fascinating facts:
- Perth has an average 265 days of sunshine per year
- At the height of summer, the sea temperature reaches 22 degrees
- And if that all seems a bit warm, Perth is cooled on summer afternoons by a gentle breeze from the west called the Fremantle Doctor.
A lower cost of living
- According to Expatistan, the cost of living in Perth is 16% cheaper than living in Sydney and 20% cheaper than living in London.
- At the beginning of 2017, the average house price in Perth was $450,000 compared to Melbourne with $872,000 and Sydney with $1,111,000.
- Food in Perth is 8% cheaper than in Sydney, transport 47% cheaper and entertainment 33% cheaper
An abundance of jobs for overseas trained GPs
- This population growth has not always been matched with a concomitant growth in support services and infrastructure. Most notably, there is a dramatic shortage of GPs throughout the state and in large segments of the city.
- DWS areas are located in a swathe around the city – mostly within a 20 to 40 minute radius of Perth’s CBD.
- A glance at the DWS map – http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au – shows the abundance of DWS areas around the city and in the southwest of the state.
- We at Alecto have over 50 DWS jobs within easy access of Perth and the Coast.
- Australian GPs
- Clinic Owners and Practice Managers
- Salary Page
- UK/Ireland GPs
- Working with Alecto