VR General Practitioner GP role Macedon – Mixed billing – DPA & HWC
Job ID #4003
Mixed billing practice
DPA and HWC available
Excellent earning potential
What makes this a great job?
- It’s at a mixed billing practice (Increasing your earning potential compared to a bulk billing practice)
- They will pay you $A150 an hour (as a minimum) for the first 3 months, so you can cover your living costs while learning the Australian system.
- The location allows for an amazing lifestyle, live in a beautiful countryside community while enjoying the perks of Melbourne life (1 hour away).
This vacancy offers an exceptional opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary practice which is a cut above the rest. With excellent GP retention and work culture, this mixed billing practice has an outstanding team of GPs. You will be rewarded with high levels of job satisfaction both in terms of earnings and collaborative team environment. The practice has been serving the community and surrounds for over 30 years.
This is a practice which focuses on its people to make sure they are happy. UK GPs relocating to this clinic will be very well supported with a formal induction to aid with the transition and provided with ongoing mentoring in practicing general medicine in Australia; to include the Medicare billing system, patient referral process, differences in pharmaceuticals etc.
Located approx. an hour from Melbourne’s CBD near the Macedon Ranges, provides an easy commute on the freeway for those living in the inner northern suburbs or even the CBD. The practice is situated in a quintessential modern rural village and the gateway to many attractions and surrounded with beautiful natural scenery; it really is a great mix of urban and country with the added benefits of being a DPA location!
About the culture:
- Delivery of excellence in clinical care underpinned by a doctor-led Clinical Advisory Board
- Team of 10 GPs who promote a supportive & collegiate work environment
- GPs will be provided generous support to develop an area of interest
- Strong teaching culture, doctors take pride in providing ongoing clinical education and support to Registrars.
Why we choose to represent this organisation:
Having worked with this group for years, we are confident in recommending their positions to our GPs. We are aware of the caution GPs need to take when joining a new practice. Having placed several doctors within this organisation over the past couple of years, we know that incoming GPs will be well supported and given every chance to succeed. In fact, of all the GPs we have placed with this organisation, have stayed and been very happy!
About The Practice
- Mixed billing practice
- Excellent clinical and admin support
- Onsite allied health and specialists (Psychology, Physiotherapy, Exercise Physiology, Pathology, Dietician and smoke cessation clinics are available)
- The clinic’s 6 bay treatment room with ambulance triage and onsite x-ray also supports the local community with urgent medical care
- They have an on-site gym which supports rehabilitation and general health and wellbeing
- Patient population is made up largely of families, young children, professionals and elderly from a high socio-economic community
About The Role
- Offering 65% of patient billings mixed billing practice
$150 p/hr minimum hourly guarantee for 3 months
- Excellent earning potential – expected income around $A300k+
- Work life balance valued – flexible hours are available
- Health Workforce Certificate / Visa sponsorship available