Patient base for FRACGP doctor in Launceston
- Long standing mixed billing clinic -65% of billings offered
- Privately owned and operated practice
- Relocation and housing support provided!
FARCGP vacancy in a beautiful city of Launceston in Northern Tasmania. The perfect location for GPs with young families looking for a great work life balance, access to the outdoors, minimal after hours, and no madhouse peak hour commute.
The area is known for its rich history, walking tracks and lush idyllic landscape. There are many quaint cafe’s and bakeries to visit, along with excellent restaurants to taste the local fresh produce. This area also gives you great access to ski slopes, mountains, and beautiful beaches in summer.
This position would suit an experienced GP who is looking for a change from the busy CBD lifestyle, or maybe you might be looking at for a relaxing friendly town to raise a family. This is a very busy mixed billing clinic, with an established patient base where you will be seeing 25-30 patients per day from day one.
GPs will have the option to also complete some work at the local aged care centres and hospitals if they so desire.
About the practice
- Established in the 1980’s – experienced owners and practice staff who are well loved in the community
- Friendly and supportive owners with lots of experience at running GP clinics
- 5 GPs working here (3.5 FTE)
- Two practice nurses and full time reception staff
- Mixed billing site
- Centrally located in a busy shopping area of Launceston
- Consulting rooms have windows
About the role
- Mixed billing – 65% of billings
- See 25-30 patients per day from day one
- Minimum Guarantee of $150 for the first month of work – can be extended as needed
- Relocation funds of $5K
- Car and house provided for the first two months to help you settle in
- Full time position – However flexible hours may be available to the right applicant
- Visa sponsorship available to the right applicant
- Patient demographic includes lots of young families, aged care, and some working professionals
Type of Work
Exemptions available at this location
- Suitable for GPs who do not require a 19AB exemption
- FRACGP, FRANZGP, MRCGP, or equivalent
- A record of ongoing professional development with a College of General Practitioners
- Current and unconditional registration in Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, or the UK
- This role is suitable for GPs requiring a DWS exemption
This job is not suitable for doctors with AMC part 1 and 2, or for those with general registration.
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.