Locum GP Job – Respiratory clinics (multiple locations)
Melbourne , VIC
Job ID #21004
Pay rate of $230-$250 p/hr for VR GPs, $150 for Non VR
Low stress with supportive team environment
State funded COVID support service
Exciting GP Job joining Government supported Respiratory Clinics located in the inner & north-eastern suburbs of Melbourne. These services have been set up to support patients in areas where local GPs are not seeing patients with respiratory symptoms for face-to-face appointments..
These clinics are offering competitive rates between $230-$250 p/hr for experienced VR GPs looking for locum shifts.
There are 2 main areas
- Edge of the CBD
- North-Eastern suburbs
Non VR doctors (PGY 4) may be considered, but rates will be reduced to $150 per hour)
Be part of an organization passionate about human rights and health equity. Use your medical skills to make a positive impact on our community and contribute to this important public health initiative.
Positions available for GPs under the moratorium, however due to immediate demand unrestricted GPs will be preferred.
Join our GPRC locum pool and we will keep you informed of opportunities that match your availability. By being a part of our locum pool, you will be first in line when new opportunities become available.
About The Role
- The clinics are to provide services to anyone who is experiencing respiratory issues.
- Short-term management of mild to moderate (non-life threatening) respiratory issues such as Asthma, COPD, Pneumonia, Influenza and Shortness of breath
- Short-term management of other mild to moderate COVID-like symptoms.
- GP respiratory clinics do not provide COVID-19 testing for people without symptoms of COVID-19. Symptomatic testing is available as part of a respiratory assessment and to support clinical care.
- GPs will be required to assist with swabbing during busy periods
- Refer patients back to their usual GP for ongoing care or assist to identify a GP if they don’t already have one
- Supportive team environment
- Competitive rates between $230 -$250 per hour for VR GPs
- Full day shifts
- Full PPE provided
- Additional infection protocols in place to meet infection control accreditation standards
- Parking on site
FRACGP, MRCGP, MICGP or eligibility for the RACGP’s PEP Specialist Stream
This job is not suitable for doctors who require AMC part 1 and 2, or for those with General Registration.
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.