General Practitioner Vacancy, Perth – South of the River
South Perth, WA
- 65% - 70% of billings
- Minimum guarantee of $125
- Great Practice manager, and supportive nursing team
This modern practice has a great working environment and a general practitioner vacancy. Privately owned practice, with a focus on teaching and supporting the community.
- Great practice for GPs interested in skin work, teaching or Women’s health. GPs with other interests are also encouraged to apply as the practice would like to increase the range of care options they provide
- Privately owned practice by a GP
- Full time and experienced nursing and admin staff
- 6 GPs at the practice currently
- Spacious, modern practice that provides a nice working environment
- Podiatrist and Psychologist on site
- Great practice manager that is an expert in Medicare billings
- Pharmacy and supermarket located in the same area (lots of pedestrian and vehicle traffic)
- Bulk billing practice, so easy to get patients for follow-up appointments for results etc
- 65% of billings during standard hours, 70% of billing for evenings/weekends
- Minimum guarantee of $125 an hour for 3 months
- Great support and training provided for GPs coming from the UK. The owner relocated from the UK with MRCGP 3 years ago, so he is able to provide advice about how to adapt to the Australian system.
- Flexible hours, including school hours are available
Suburb profile and demographics
- The population in this suburb is generally lower socio-economic. There is a good portion of elderly patients but also some young families. The practice receives patients from the surrounding suburbs as well. Many of these are from middle-class areas.
- Median house price is $300,000 in this suburb, which is significantly lower than the average of $530,000 in Perth
- This is a well-established suburb of Perth that has benefited from a lot of infrastructure investment over the last 5 years.
- The city is 32kms to the North of this suburb
- GPs who work in this area would often choose to live in suburbs such as Fremantle (35 min commute), Canning Vale or Roleystone – both with a 15 min commute. Or for those looking for access to good schools Willetton is a 25 min commute, and provides access to one of the top 3 public High Schools in Perth.
Type of Work
Exemptions available at this location
- 19AB/DWS exemption possible
- DWS location, so it is suitable for GPs from The UK
- One of the following qualifications, FRACGP, MICGP or MRCGP
- A record of ongoing professional development with a College of General Practitioners
This job is not suitable for doctors with AMC part 1 and 2, or for those with general registration.
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.