General Practitioner Job Eastern suburbs of Perth
East Perth, WA
- 65% of billings, busy practice in great location
- Existing patient base as a GP goes on maternity leave
- DWS available if you move quickly
This practice is looking for a General Practitioner to join their well-established clinic, and to take up a patient base from a GP going on maternity leave.
Why would you want to work for this employer?
- You will be busy, there will be an existing patient base as one of their key GPs is going on maternity leave. Not to mention that coming into the winter season they are expecting increased demand that they don’t have sufficient staff for.
- Remuneration is above average. You will be paid 65% of billings and given a generous minimum guarantee of $120 an hour. If you are confident doing minor procedures/mirena’s/skin checks etc your earnings will be even higher.
- It’s privately owned. So, you will get to know the owners (who are also GPs) and have the opportunity to discuss issues with them directly, and have input into the direction of the practice
- It’s well equipped. There is a large treatment room with full-time nursing staff, they are especially there to help with chronic disease management. Aside from the usual visiting specialists, and allied health services, there is a pharmacy on site, and a hospital nearby.
- It’s a great working environment. The practice is modern, well designed, and has lots of natural light – there are windows in the consulting rooms.
- Your evenings and weekends will be free. The practice currently has enough GPs working on the weekends, so there is no requirement to work out of hours/after hours.
- It’s in a great location, east of the Perth CBD. There are a range of health services nearby including a hospital. This location also offers great schools and places to live, all within a 20-minute commute
- The practice is passionate about research and education. They are currently running a few trials around detection of Chronic disease, and they are involved with education of nurses, GPs and paramedics.
The type of GP that is best suited to this practice will be:
- A fully trained GP holding FRACGP/MRCGP/MICGP with current medical registration
- Someone that enjoys having a group of peers to discuss cases and build social interaction with
- A GP that wants to work in a large, dynamic medical centre. A place with established process and procedures, a professional working environment.
- Someone who enjoys learning and is keen to develop new skills/areas of specialisation
- A GP that builds relationship and rapport with their patients, ensuring that they return
This role is suitable for unrestricted GPs, and those from overseas who are required to work in a DWS.
Type of Work
Exemptions available at this location
- 19AB/DWS exemption possible
- Suitable for GPs who do not require a 19AB exemption
- FRACGP, MICGP, MRCGP, FRNZCGP or equivalent
- A record of ongoing professional development with a College of General Practitioners
This job is not suitable for doctors with AMC part 1 and 2.
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.