Rare Replacement DWS GP Position – 40 mins to Sydney CBD
- 60-70% of billings depending on time of the day worked
- Minimum guarantee for the first 3-6 six months as needed
- One of the closest DWS locations to Sydney’s CBD
This modern and well-equipped practice is located in the middle of the western suburbs in Sydney. Due to a GP moving interstate, the practice has a rare replacement DWS GP provider number to use for doctors who are restricted by moratorium. With the district workforce shortage areas expanding, making it harder and harder for overseas trained GPs to work close to the CBD, this position is a rare gem – just a 40 min commute from the CBD!
Privately owned and operated by a local family, these experienced health care professionals have managed to create a warm and caring culture within the health team, despite the large scale of the practice. If you are looking to make a permanent move to Australia, this practice is perfect for a long lasting and meaningful role within the local community.
About the culture
- Very experienced owners and practice manager
- Family oriented clinic with a team-based approach to medicine
- Large group of UK and Irish trained GP working here – collegiate feel to the team
About the practice
- Large clinic with 15+ GPs working there
- Full time nursing and support staff – utilised to help GPs be efficient
- A lot of GPs at the practice have set up clinics in their areas of speciality (skin, CDM, rheumatology) – incoming GPs are supported if they have an area of interest they wish to pursue
- Full spectrum allied health services on site clinic offers a wide variety of specialists – onsite physiologist has a large gym for treatments
- Practice has been in place over 20 years – long standing in the community with a loyal patient following
- Patient population includes lots of refugees, young and established families, and working professionals
- Clinic places high value on ongoing training and educational opportunities
- The site partners with leading hospitals
About the role
- Busy bulk billing clinic – lots of new patients on a weekly basis
- Minimum guarantee for the first 3-6 months as needed
- 60-70% of billings available on a sliding scale – 65% mid-day for example
- Varied populated region of Sydney with large migrant population
- On site café available to doctors and patients
- The top earning GPs at this practice are taking home an average of $233 per hour (after service fee deduction)
Type of Work
Exemptions available at this location
- 19AB/DWS exemption possible
- Suitable for GPs who do not require a 19AB exemption
FRACGP. MRCGP, MICGP or FRNZGP and eligibility for Specialist Registration with AHPRA.
This job is not suitable for doctors with AMC part 1 and 2, or for those with General Registration.
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.