DWS GP position 20 mins from Melbourne’s CBD
Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- 60-65% of billings – High volume of private billing
- Busy, well-established practice with a loyal patient base
- Minimum guarantee available for the first three months
DWS position available at this well-established clinic located just 20 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD. This is a rare opportunity to gain a DWS position so close to Melbourne!
This bulk-billing clinic is located in a large and growing suburb of Melbourne. The vacancy has arisen due to an increase in patient numbers. This clinic has formed a loyal patient following and offers a personalised service for patients at bulk billing rates. The clinic provides many on-site services including but not limited to: Asthma Clinic, Diabetic Clinic, Cardiac Clinic and specialises in all areas from paediatric health to aged care heath.
About the practice:
- Fully equipped and purpose-built facility
- Clinic is open 7 days per week including public holidays
- 6 GPs currently working at this site, the clinic is looking to hire another to keep up with patient demand!
- GPs are currently seeing 30-40 patients per day
- Onsite Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Dietician, Podiatrist
- Onsite Pharmacy, Pathology, Cardiolab, Dental Clinic and Radiology
- Patient population includes new and established families, independent youths and some community health
About the role:
- 65% of billings- busy bulk billing clinic (procedural work privately billed)
- $120 an hour guaranteed for the first three months of work
- Full time position
- Weekends and public holidays are worked on a rotation
- GPs looking to specialise further in their areas of interest will be encouraged to do so
- DWS is available!
- GPs looking for a long-term role are encouraged to apply
Why we choose to represent this practice:
It’s no secret that the DWS zoning has seen a boom in the number of practices opening up in Melbourne’s west. The hardest thing for GPs to work out when they are trying to choose a practice to work at, is whether the patient numbers are going to be there, or if the practice is just hoarding doctors while they still have DWS status.
We have helped the owner of this practice place GPs since 2014 and have seen the genuine need for another GP to help meet patient demand! With a 20 minute commute from Port Melbourne, this is one of the closest DWS positions to the city. If you are sick of low patient numbers, and want a quick commute from the city to a DWS practice, contact Hanni to find out more about this opportunity while it lasts!
Type of Work
Exemptions available at this location
- 19AA exemption available
- 19AB/DWS exemption possible
FRACGP. MRCGP, MICGP or FRNZGP and eligibility for Specialist Registration with AHPRA.
This job is not suitable for doctors with AMC part 1 and 2, or for those with General Registration.
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.