On a recent trip to Adelaide, our team were impressed by the current landscape of thriving GP clinics, the supportive and experienced practice owners and the high patient demand.
For GPs, Adelaide provides great diversity and the opportunity to have a great work like balance with plenty to experience on your days off.
We’ve listed 5 things that make Adelaide unique:
Great GP working life
- Thriving GP clinics
- High patient demand
- Working flexibility
- Supportive practice owners
Stress-free commute to and from work
Adelaide is known for an easy commute from ‘A to B’ with their very well-structured roads. They also have the O-Bahn which is a bus track that allows faster commutes from one location to another.
In Adelaide, you can live well without the price tag. Adelaide’s median house price is currently at $501,000* which is significantly lower than Sydney ($1.1 million) and Melbourne ($795 thousand). With a budget of $1.1 million, you will be able to purchase a large 3-4 bedroom house. Here are some examples:
- North Adelaide: 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom sold for $1.1 million – see here
- Westbourne: 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom sold for $1.1million – see here
- Adelaide botanic gardens 5 embrace the views whilst listening to the musical birds, and impressive canopy of trees that make up the Bicentennial Conservatory. There are several festivals, events and kid’s activities that you can attend.
A wide variety of weekend activities
- Barossa Valley Winery prides itself for the highly spoken about wine, villages, vineyards, farm and food. Barossa Valley offers a wide range of accommodation for those interested to stay on sight, as well as numerous entertaining and tours.
- Harbour Town offers direct outlets and speciality stores with fashion, homewares and accessories. It is well known for their high-quality outlet stores, but also provides the public with a broad range of local services including chemists, supermarkets, fresh food and much more.
- Kangaroo Island allows the public to truly embrace the wilderness. It is known as a place that exposes native Australian animals such as sealions, koalas and bird species. Kangaroo Island is diverse in its nature and is a large open space. On the island, you will find soaring cliffs, wetlands, towering sand dunes and many more impressive sights.
- Adelaide Central Market The Central Market has 80 stalls containing one of Australia’s freshest and diverse produce. The market is an enjoyable environment offering the public with aromas of coffee, fruit, multicultural food and flowers. There is plenty of unique things to offer and explore.
If you’re a GP interested in working in Adelaide, we currently have a few fantastic opportunities for GP in Adelaide, check them out here.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us on email@example.com or call us on 1800 332 654.
* Source: https://www.domain.com.au/news/house-prices-surge-but-booms-to-fade/
- Australian GPs
- Clinic Owners and Practice Managers
- Salary Page
- UK/Ireland GPs
- Working with Alecto