Unique DWS GP Role – 20 mins from Port Melbourne
- Closest DWS to Melbourne CBD
- Work in a supportive, multi-disciplinary team
- 3 month guarantee available
We have an exciting vacancy for a DWS GP in Melbourne’s Western Suburbs. Enjoy a short commute against traffic in one of Melbourne’s closest DWS locations to the city!
This organisation plays an important role in the community and is one of the largest providers of community health services in the Western Metropolitan Region area. Predominantly funded by the Department of Health and Human Services, the clinic offers a diverse range of programs. This role is supported by a multi-disciplinary team of allied health professionals, as well as on site counsellors and nurses. The clinic boasts a diverse culture where professional development is supported.
The organisation is seeking a community minded individual that is looking to help make a difference in the lives of Australian refugees. GPs with experience in working with refugees and other disadvantaged communities will be highly regarded.
The practice culture:
- Teams dedicated to the continued improvement of the health and well-being of individuals and the community.
- Prides themselves on delivering cultural relevant health services
- Assists GPs with their career goals with ongoing training and development
About the practice:
- Busy, bulk billing centre – several other locations in the Western Metropolitan Region
- Patient population consists of mainly community health patients
- DWS location – one of Melbourne’s closest to the CBD
- Onsite allied health professionals in addition to counsellors and nurses
About the role:
- Full time position
- 70% of billings
- 3 month guarantee of $130 per hour
- GPs at the practice are currently seeing 6-8 patients per hour
- GPs with an interest in community work – predominantly working with refugees will be highly regarded
- Existing client base
- 12 month contract
If you are looking to add meaning to your work and make a difference in the local community, apply today!
Type of Work
Exemptions available at this location
- 19AB/DWS exemption possible
- FRACGP, MRCGP, MICGP or equivalent
- A record of ongoing professional development with a College of General Practitioners
- Current and unconditional registration in Australia
This job is not suitable for doctors with AMC part 1 and 2, or for those with general registration.
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.