General Practitioner (GP)/Doctor – Relocate to Australia
- 60-65% of billings
- DWS Locations – sponsorship available
- Take holidays between each location
Are you a general practitioner (GP) who is thinking of moving to Australia, but not sure if it’s the right thing long term? Or do you feel uncertain about which part of Australia is going to suit your lifestyle? We can offer the right doctor a series of sampler packages that allow you to access DWS General Practitioner jobs in three different locations over a period of 18 months.
Aussie Surfie Packs
Enjoy some of Australia’s best coastal locations and sample the best surfing environments while you earn a steady income. Famous for it’s iconic beaches, these locations running down Australia’s east coast will provide a refreshing lifestyle for those GPs looking for a sea change!
Australia has several cities listed in the 10 most livable cities in the world. The culture is thriving and inner city living is popular with young professionals from around the world.
Outback adventure pack
If you are a doctor who is keen to see a world that is unique and different to anything you have ever experienced, we have opportunities to work in fascinating outback locations. Generally, these centres allow for higher earnings for GPs and the opportunity to work with indigenous patients.
About the General Practitioner position
- Busy Bulk Billing practices in great locations
- Lots of flexibility in the hours to allow time off to pursue your interests
- Full-time nursing and administration staff to support the doctors
- Supportive management
- Modern and well-presented clinics
- Sponsorship and DWS are available
Your GP package
- 60-65% of billings
- Relocation allowance to cover travel costs
- Visa sponsorship on a 457 visa
- Up to two weeks off between rotations
- Support for getting specialist registration in Australia before you leave the UK
The small print
- You must commit to 3×6 month rotations – overall 18 month commitment
- You must have specialist registration in Australia or be able to obtain specialist registration (MRCGP, MICGP, FRNZGP)
- Standard 38 hours per week (including after hours)
- You must agree to work on late shift (2-10pm) each week and four weekend days (Saturday or Sunday) per month
If you are a doctor who is interested, please contact us today! Please note that these locum positions are for VR GPs with MICGP, MRCGP, FRACGP or equivalent and won’t be suitable for those with general registration.
Whether you’re a doctor looking for a job near the beach or near the CBD, Alecto can help. We have over 200 vacancies around Australia! For a confidential chat please call 1800 604 332 or contact us via email at email@example.com
Type of Work
Exemptions available at this location
- 19AB/DWS exemption possible
Why work with Alecto Medical Recruitment?
We understand that your time is valuable. Our specialist focus on GPs across Australia allows us to provide a personalised shortlist of jobs, based on your individual preferences and requirements.